Tired of having to replace fuses for your projects?
All you need is
- 1x Voltage Comparator(Like LM311) or an Opamp make sure that they are compatible with a single supply
- 1x Shunt Resistor(use 1 ohm if you are planing on using panel voltmeter(the voltmeters should be around the expected current measurement)
- A potentiometer for adjusting the maximum current, it is used as a variable Voltage Divider. its voltage equals maximum current to which if greather than or equal to the voltage it will turn the project off.
- Normally Closed for the reset button
- Normally Open for turn off button(NOTE: CURRENT STILL FLOWS WHEN TURNED OFF/TRIPPED).
- A NPN transistor, relay and snubber diode.
The relay acts as the switching element which can turn off the project when too much current is drawn. The voltage comparator/Opamp compares the voltage and outputs a logic 1 or 0 depending on how much more the voltage is on the positive input and negative input pins.